Sunday, November 14, 2010

SUBJECT LEADERSHIP COURSES

In March, I, Pn Sarinah had attended a course on 'Subject Leadership phase 1' at IELTC in Kuala Lumpur for 4 days with 20 other teachers selected all over Melaka. The course demanded me to conduct a project that could help develop certain leadership skills the leader of the project. I chose to do a project that required teamwork among the english language teachers. The team consisted of Pn.Aina, Pn. Noraasha, Cik Jamaliah and myself. I delegated the tasks to each member to find materials / resources from the internet that could be used in T&L process and a lesson plan. The whole idea was to see wether I could handle and manage the team, the problems arose and the execution of the project. It did not concern much on the students learning process. The project was carried out within a month. 
The 2nd phase of the course was held in May for 4 days at BTNM, Bukit Katil. There, we were reflecting, sharing and reviewing on our projects.